Saturday, November 11, 2017

My Bali Days

Originally, I intended to write a daily blog in Bali just like I had in Solo City. Until I realized two things - vacation keeps me really busy and my activities were pretty repetitious and not necessarily of full interest to everyone. So, here is a synopsis.

Saturday, Nov. 4 - A group of seven of us from CSC Indonesia 8 were on the same flight from Solo City to Bali. After arriving, we went our separate ways with four staying in one hotel, two staying in another and one joining her family in yet another hotel. It took me and Karen a long time to get to the Puri Madawi where we stayed. Besides having to drive straight through Seminyak traffic we got stuck behind road construction close to our hotel.

Sunday and Monday, Nov. 5 & 6 - I went scuba diving. The first day one CSCer went with me and we went to Tulumben for two shore dives. The second day, four CSCers went with me and those who weren't certified did a guided dive. That day we were at Pandang Bay. On the second dive we saw two octopus and one clung onto and moved around a large concrete block as it changed shapes and colors. We watched it for about 10 minutes. Very cool. Sunday night a group of seven of us went to dinner. Monday night four CSCers came to Karen's and my hotel for dinner and drinks. It's fun having CSCers still in town to play with.

Tuesday and Wednesday, Nov. 7 & 8 - I was lazy at the hotel in the morning and went to the beach in the afternoon. Tuesday I went to the Woohoo club at the W. You can use their deck and pool for free and they just hope you will buy food and drink. Wednesday I went to the Blue 9 Beach Bar at Double 6 beach. I sat in a bean bag all day long and saw a glorious sunset. Wednesday night I met four CSCers for dinner.

Thursday, Nov. 9 - The day I've been waiting for...Spa Day! From 10am-4pm I got the full treatment at Spa Bali - massage, body scrub, flower bath, facial, hair creme treatment, manicure and pedicure. It was glorious. After my day of pampering I met one CSCer for dinner at the beach and my final Bali sunset.

Friday, Nov. 10 - My last day in Bali. I had to checkout at Noon and my flight was at 4:30pm. I swam and laid out at the hotel pool until about 11am and then showered, packed and took a Grab to the airport. The flight was delayed leaving the ground and delayed waiting for a gate in Jakarta. I finally deplaned about 7pm and did not make it to my hotel until 9pm. I had to get up at 2:15am to be ready for the 3am shuttle to the airport. So, it was straight to bed.

I could have used a couple of more days in Bali. I didn't see any of the historical sites and didn't get to shop any in the hip Seminyak shopping district, but relaxing was what I needed and wanted to do. Being under the water and on the beach were exactly what was called for.

#IBMCSC #CSCIndo8 #IBMIndo


No comments:

Post a Comment