Sunday, April 29, 2018

2018 Trolley Run

Today is the 30th annual Trolley Run in Kansas City. This is one of the more popular races in the midwest - with about 7000 participants. It's supposed to be one of the fastest four-mile courses in the country. It starts at 75th and Wornall in Waldo, runs down Brookside Boulevard and finished at the Plaza. So, it's right in my neighborhood.

I've run it a couple of times - years ago. I signed up to run it this year before my knee started getting wonky on me. So, I actually won't be running it. I did, however, do pick up my race packet this morning.

I'm doing the Sweet 16 race series this year. It's four four-mile races - Westport St. Patrick's Day Run, Trolley Run, Four on the 4th and the Zoo Run. Fortunately, if you aren't able to run in one of the races you can do it virtually. Once you've done the run on your own you send in proof of your course (like from my Garmin watch) and your time. This are officially entered and show up in Atlinks. So, it counts as a real race time.

I need to do both the St. Pat's Run and the Trolley Run virtually. I hope by the time July 4 gets here I'll be running well enough to do it in person. The Zoo Run isn't until September.

So, I'm sitting here on my couch with my race bib and t-shirt on the table in front of me, so eager to get to the time when I can go out and run my four miles. For now, I'll cheer on the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment