Saturday, March 4, 2017

Getting Started





This morning, I walked the Liberty Hospital 5K with hubby Steve and our friend Bob Dusin. Steve and I are out of shape and Bob has an injured knee, so we just walked the course. Our time was around 54 minutes - about a 17:55 minute mile. Slow, but we got some exercise in and really enjoyed the conversation.

Because of my laziness and procrastination I have set my sights on the 2017 WIN for KC triathlon and not one earlier in the season. I re-did my training plan and if I begin training on Monday I will be more than ready for this year's WIN - much more prepared than I was last year.

The thing I need to remember and remind myself of is how much better I feel and how much better I take care of myself when I work out. It's more than just the exercise. It's the attitude. I like feeling like an athlete. I WANT to be an athlete - not just be one for a few months out of every year, but one every day of my life.

Here's to a good day, today - and here's to a lifetime of good days ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment