Saturday, March 11, 2017

Strength Training

I've known for a long time that I need to add strength training to my workout program. My actual triathlon training log doesn't build in time for strength training, but I know a stronger athlete makes for a better performing athlete and also helps prevent injury. So, I've been thinking that a few days a week I will need to do two-a-days with strength training in the morning and tri training in the evening.

Today is cold and snowy. I really don't feel like leaving the house and heading to the gym - and it is definitely too cold to run outside (with my current lack of adapting to the cold this year). So, I used the app "7 Minutes Every Day" to do a total body workout - albeit it brief. However, my muscles - especially in my arms - are starting from pretty close to zero. So, I think this is a good way to get started.

It will be fun to see where I am at in 30 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment