Monday, March 27, 2017

18 Weeks

The WIN for KC triathlon is 18 weeks from yesterday. When that hit me last night I knew it was really, really time to get serious about my training. There is no more time to make excuses and still do my best in this race.

Sure, I could train like I did last year and get by with less training, but I want to be strong and confident in every leg of the race this time around. I want to swim the 500 yards without stopping or having to do the side stroke; I want to have an even, predictable pace on the bike and not be afraid the entire time that I am going to fall off or blow a tire and not know how to change it; and I want to actually run the 5K.

Having a strong race is the target I have to keep my eyes on. I'm such a determined person that if I had to do a triathlon tomorrow I believe I could finish it, but I don't want to just finish this year. I want to finish STRONG.

No comments:

Post a Comment