Friday, January 5, 2018

Welcome 2018

2017 was an amazing year. Despite the politics and the current climate in our country and the world I will look back on last year as one of the best ones I've personally had. This has made me excited for 2018 because I want to keep moving forward with the momentum I ended 2017 with.

I've taken time to write out my overall goals for the year and a roadmap for how to reach each of those goals. It will take discipline (meaning don't watch so much TV), but I'm excited at the potential set out before me.

My blog will move back to focusing on my fitness - primarily my triathlon training and the road I am taking to get to WIN for KC triathlon in July. I have a few baby steps I am taking to get my body back into conditioning form. Since breaking my elbow in May I pretty much put fitness to the side for the remainder of 2017. So, it now feels like I am starting over.

The first thing I am doing is the Hundred Push-Ups challenge. This is a six week program that takes your starting fitness level and over the course of three days per week gets you to the goal of being able to do 100 push-ups. Steve is doing it, too, and I'd like to thank our friend Leah Gunn Emerick for introducing us to this challenge. I'll keep you posted on how things are going.

Following that I am going to do the 12 week Body Boss challenge. This one looks pretty intimidating, but I'm excited about the results that should come from it. I believe doing the Hundred Push-Ups challenge prior to this will get be in good shape to start the next 12 weeks of training.

Triathlon training goes into full force at the beginning of March. So, some of the triathlon training will overlap with the Body Boss training, but it should be a good mix of physical training and challenges. My goal is to finish the triathlon in under 1.5 hours.

Additionally, I plan on doing the Kansas City Sweet 16. This is four 4-mile races that take place beginning March 10 at the Westport St. Patrick's Day Run and culminate with the KC Zoo Run on Sept. 22.

So, I have a lot on my plate and because of my focuses will be doing a great deal of cross-training beginning with strength training and running.

Let's get this done!

No comments:

Post a Comment