Friday, September 8, 2017

My Visa Arrived!


I sent off for my visa on Wednesday, August 30. It was transported via UPS and included several things - including my physical passport. I understand why they needed my passport, but it was still disconcerting to put it in the hands of others, have it travel to Chicago and back and go who knows where throughout the Consulate of Indonesia. I was relieved when it arrived on my doorstep this afternoon.

The physical part of sending off my for my visa wasn't that complicated. I had to include copies of my invitation letters, a copy of my flight itinerary, a money order for $50, two passport photos, my passport and a self-addressed, pre-paid return envelope from UPS. A lot to keep track of, but not that complicated to gather.

However, the online application took awhile. I had to provide a large amount of personal information, my flight itinerary (including flight numbers and times) , my hotel information (including the address and dates of stay), the details of who wrote my sending letter and who wrote my invitation letter, how long my stay would be, my passport information, where I would be going and why I would be visiting. They definitely make you work for it.

Now that I have my visa I believe I have all the important information for my travels. The flights and hotel are booked and I have permission to stay in the country (although, they make it very clear I could still be refused entry upon arrival).

Soon I'll be posting details about what my actual travels to and from Indonesia will be like.

#IBMCSC #CSCIndo8

No comments:

Post a Comment