Monday, September 11, 2017

Travel Plans

As of today, all my travel plans are booked for Indonesia except for the hotel for the three night I will be in Jakarta upon my arrival.

The trip to and from Indonesia is going to be a long haul - about 30 hours of travel time. I actually paid a little extra for six extra inches of legroom on the two longest flights.

I leave Oct. 4 at 6:15am from Kansas City and fly to Dallas (two hours); from Dallas I fly to Hong Kong (17 hours); and from Hong Kong I fly to Jakarta (7 hours). The rest of the time is layovers - which fortunately seem to be just the right length.

I arrive in Jakarta on Oct. 5 and will spend three days there. Day one will just be me trying to adjust to the 12 hour time difference. Days two and three will be spent with my other CSC team members at IBM's office in the city. On Oct. 8 we fly from Jakarta to Solo City (aka Surakarta) and this is just a 1 hour 20 minute flight.

While we are in Solo City we will be staying at the Royal Surakarta Heritage Hotel. For CSC standard (and for my standards) it's very nice. Typically, CSC team members stay in a more local-type three star hotel, but these must be hard to find in Solo City. The hotel even has a small pool and a workout room. So, I'm looking forward to being able to run without having to leave the hotel.

On Nov. 4 I fly (with several other team members heading the same way) to Bali for a week of vacation. I'm staying at a super cool, very Balinese looking hotel for the week. I plan to scuba dive Nov. 5 & 6. Then, I will explore the island for two days. On Nov. 9 I have made reservations for a day at a spa. It's crazy cheap - and I may never get the opportunity to indulge myself like this, again.

Nov. 10 I fly back to Jakarta. I purposefully picked a late flight (9:15pm) so I have almost another full day in Bali.

Nov. 11 I leave SUPER EARLY to fly back. I'll fly from Jakarta to Tokyo (seven hours); from Tokyo to Dallas (14 hours); and from Dallas to HOME (two hours)!

I can hardly believe I leave in just 23 days. However, I feel good about my preparation. It's nice to know all the plans that I needed to figure out are confirmed. Also, I feel like I've been doing a good job of making a packing list, picking up things as I'm out and about (and from Amazon Prime) that I will need while in-country and finding what will be business appropriate clothing for the assignment.

And, of course, there were the vaccinations. Now, I have to decide if it's worth paying for TSA pre-approval.

#IBMCSC #CSCIndo8

No comments:

Post a Comment