Friday, October 6, 2017

A Day for Relaxation

Friday ended up being mostly a day for relaxation - which I really needed after the travel from earlier in the week.

As I mentioned in yesterday's post I did not sleep well Thursday night. However, I wanted to make sure I stayed awake all day Friday, but also wanted to do some self-care. I ended up getting a massage at the hotel (turns out several of us did). Prices for a hotel massage here about about 1/3 of the cost it would be in the US. I enjoyed the massage very much and followed it up with some time in the steam room. I even braved the cold plunge pool! I felt like a new person afterward and my muscles were no longer aching.

For lunch a teammate and I found a local food chain called PepperSteak (I think). We both ordered the chicken and mushroom curry (see picture on the left). It was served on a hot skillet with the chicken still cooking. Once the chicken was cooked I mixed it together with everything else and it was quite good. I was really glad we happened upon this place and gave it a try.

I enjoyed the hotel pool for a little while. It's a fun little oasis and I could hardly hear the crazy traffic from outside the hotel.

For dinner the entire team (minus Yemisi, who was still traveling) met for dinner. We were taken a an Indonesia restaurant in the mall across from our hotel. I got lamb fried rice and an avocado chocolate smoothie. Both were good, but I REALLY like the smoothie. There were also an assortment of crackers on the tables that we enjoyed trying - most seemed rice based with different flavoring - like seaweed. We had to guess and what we were tasting, but it was all interesting to try.

After dinner about half of us went to the restaurant on the mezzanine level of our hotel and visited for a couple of hours. It's so good to be getting to know everyone better. I say "better" because we've been chatting on What's App for many weeks and it feels like we already know each other.

Now, the work starts.

#IBMCSC #CSCIndo8

1 comment:

  1. I'm quite jealous of the massage! Looks like you're off to a great start and already immersing yourself! Excited to follow your adventure.

    ReplyDelete