Thursday, October 5, 2017

Exhuasting, but All is Well

The last three days have been quite tiring, but I have made it to Jakarta!

Tuesday was my last work day. I expected it to be slow, but then a program on my computer crashed and I spent several hours chatting with tech support. Packing was really exhausting. I did not expect that. There was so much to take - a combination of things I had to take and things I wanted to take. It took some time, but I eventually got things culled down to two suitcases just under 50#s each.

Wednesday my husband and I left for the airport at 3:45am. I had a 6:15am flight to Dallas. Fortunately, my bags are booked all the way to Jakarta. After saying our goodbyes I went through security, found myself some coffee and waited for boarding time.

My flight itinerary: American Airlines Kansas City to Dallas (2 hours), Dallas to Hong Kong (17 hours) and Cathay Pacific Airlines Hong Kong to Jakarta (5 hours). The flights were uneventful, no major delays, good food, my luggage arrived intact, customs was a breeze, but I was pretty miserable and exhausted by the time we landed. Fortunately, checking into the hotel was simple, too, and I was able to get to bed pretty quickly.

Now, it's Friday morning. I lost a day in the there traveling. Kind of crazy. I guess when I arrived in Hong King it was Thursday at that point. I didn't sleep very long last night, but feel pretty alert this morning. Today, I will be adjusting to the time change and the rest of the team arrives.

This has become very real, now.

#IBMCSC #CSCIndo8

1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful being able to follow you. Thanks for keeping in touch!

    ReplyDelete