Friday, March 25, 2016

Double the Fun!

Due to Holy Week and Maundy Thursday commitments I only did the running portion of yesterday's workout. So, today, I did the assigned four mile bike ride, the 300 yard swim and added the 300 yard swim from yesterday. I didn't swim the entire 600 yards at one time. I swam 300 yards, rested for a few minutes and then swam the next 300 yards. It felt good.

I am averaging the following:
- five minute mile on the bike
- 15 minute mile running
- two minutes for 100 yards swimming

Yesterday, I mixed up my running from what I have been doing. Prior to yesterday, I was running as long as I could (usually four minutes) and then walking for about a minute. However, my runs were really slow. Yesterday, I ran two minutes and then walked for about four minutes. My running pace was faster and overall I covered the same distance in the same amount of time.

This has left me wondering if it's better to run longer times and slower or run shorter times and faster. Which way leads to the strongest, fastest running in the end? If anyone has any insight to this I would appreciate you sharing it with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment