Friday, March 18, 2016

Good Week, Bad Week

The beginning of this training week was awesome. I got some biking, swimming and actual running in. The weather was beautiful and so I ran - real, actual running, but very slow running - on the Trolley Trail. My running sessions were for 30 minutes and I ran on and off about half of those minutes.

An odd thing happened to me Monday. I am in physical therapy right now for my right arm for an injury stemming from a fall I had in May.The therapy is mostly for my elbow on down. I went to PT Monday morning. After work, I went for a 30 minute run on the trail. At the end of the run I noticed that the muscle on the top of my right forearm had completely seized up. There were no spasms or real pain - just a very hard muscle that did not want to move. I massaged it for several minutes to loosen it up slightly before I got in the pool for my swimming session. Fortunately, the issue did not affect my swimming, but the arm was sore for the next couple of days.

The ending of this training week has been fruitless. Life got in the way and I missed training Wednesday, Thursday and today. Fortunately, I knew this would happen from time to time and so I've got some cushion built into my schedule and will start back, again, tomorrow with a good, full length workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment