Saturday, March 19, 2016

Running is Fun

So, I got back on the exercise wagon, today, after a four day absence. I decided to start back on last Saturday's schedule since I have an extra week built into my plan and am trying really hard not to push myself too hard. I don't want to get injured or burnt out. The only difference in my training was last Saturday was a 25 minutes walk and I decided to make today's workout a 25 minutes run/walk. I ran about 16 of the 25 minutes. Again, slow running, but it was running. I missed the distance results on my Fitbit, but I believe it was about 1.5 miles.

I am listening to Serial Season 2 while I run. It's a good program and it makes me stay away from the little voice in my head that tells me my lungs are burning and my legs are tired. Listening to the program really does seem to make the time go faster than when I am listening to music. It will be interesting to see if, once I am finished with Serial, I go back to listening to music or if I decided to download podcasts of things like The Moth Radio Hour.

I don't believe I've lost any weight, yet. Although, I must admit I'm not trying very hard. I haven't changed my diet at all. I need to be drinking more water and eating fewer processed foods, but mentally I'm not there, yet. I'm trying to do this whole thing with gradual changes so it's not a shock to my body and my mental fitness. One thing at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment