Thursday, April 20, 2017

Strength Training

Today was a one sport workout day. So, I sprinkled in some strength training.

It's another area I need to be patient with myself. It's difficult to not get frustrated because of where I used to be - how strong I was, my lean muscles, my tight legs and arms and stomach, my strength when pulling myself out of the pool. I really have none of that right now.

I did two reps of my arms and one rep of my legs. My legs were pretty shaky, but that's likely because I rode the bike for four miles. I also did some crunches. My goal is to eventually get up to three reps for arms, legs and abs - and to add in some additional exercises. AND, to do the exercises every day. I certainly watch enough TV that I can do my strength training while doing that and don't really have to find extra time to fit in the routine.

I'm looking forward to seeing (and feeling the power of) my muscles, again!

No comments:

Post a Comment