Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Super Psyched!

I had an amazing workout, today.

According to my training plan I was supposed to swim 150 yards and do a 20 minute walk.

I went to the pool first. I knew I was going to do more than 150 yards. I was planning on 250. However, I was feeling so good I threw the extra 50 yards in there. I could have kept going, but I reminded myself not to push too hard.

Then, I went to the Trolley Trail for my walk. It's a cool day here for April  - overcast and about 50 damp degrees. However, I decided to run in capris and a short sleeved shirt because I knew I'd get too warm if I worn something long-sleeved. When I got to the trail I decided to start off running and go as long as I could...WHICH WAS THE ENTIRE 20 MINUTES! Granted, it was a slow first mile - 16:46, but still...I ran the whole time. Also, according to my Garmin that's the fastest mile I've run since having the watch a little less than a year ago. Yay, me!

I'm loving being active and getting out there and doing stuff for myself. Steve encouraged me a couple of weeks ago to actually put working out on my calendar and not just on my list of things to do. It definitely helps me make it a priority. I'll write about that on another day.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with Steve! You married a smart man. :D I use my google calendar, so I receive notifications on my phone when I am scheduled to work out. Last week didn't go as planned for me, but I did manage to make it to the gym and exercise outside because I had that pesky reminder. :D

    ReplyDelete