Monday, April 24, 2017

Week One

I am on my eighth day of training. I feel good. I'm not too sore, but my muscles are tired. I figure this is a good thing. I took more rest days than I wanted to, but got all my workouts in by doubling up on some days. I'm sure this is part of what has lead to my fatigue.

For instance, I did not workout yesterday. Reason being, the day before I swam, biked and ran. Then, yesterday I had to mow the yard. That took over an hour and by the time I was finished my muscles were pretty tired. So, I decided mowing could count as cross-training and I left it at that. So, today I had to bike and run - two taxing activities on the thighs.

What made today more challenging, besides the tired muscles was that it was my first day working out outside. So, my two mile bike ride and my 25 minute walk/run included hills and wind. The elements certainly make a difference. Being outside was worth it, though.

On the way back to the house the sun was behind me and so I was able to watch my shadow in front of me. I'm bigger than I want to be - and recognize I will be for sometime - but, I saw an ATHLETE in my shadow.

That's a pretty great and motivating feeling. Here's to week two!

No comments:

Post a Comment