Monday, May 8, 2017

Major Rest Day

Sunday's plan was to do about a five-mile bike loop on Cliff Dr. with Trish. I was really excited about it because I want to peek at her bike and suck up some of her brain smarts on biking. However, I woke up tired and my body was just exhausted all morning long. My muscles just felt bone-tired and I knew I needed a rest day.

It was a test. Was I going to listen to my body over my training plan? I passed!

I sang with the Worship Band Sunday morning. So, I was busy with that from about 8am-12:30pm. Even standing was making me tired. Steve and I got a quick lunch and then he headed to his next event and I went home. I was asleep slightly after 2pm and besides waking once to move from the couch to the bed and another time to have dinner and watch a little TV with Steve I was asleep from 2pm yesterday until 7am this morning. It was probably about 15 hours of sleep. Ridiculous, but I feel totally revived, today.

Are you listening to your body?

No comments:

Post a Comment