Saturday, May 6, 2017

Nice Weather and Working Out

Today was a beautiful day. It was a workout day for me, but my body is pretty tired. So, I was glad I could make it into a light workout day. My assignments - a 25 minute walk and 250 yard swim.

The Brookside Art Fair is taking place this weekend and it's about a 15 minute walk from my house. So, I decided to take advantage of the great weather and divided my walk into to and from the fair. My neighborhood is beautiful, if I may say so. I love walking the streets and looking at the old houses and the big trees. It was a pleasant walk.

While at the art fair I scored the piece pictured to the left. It's a drawing of the conservatory my mother-in-law taught at for the last 20 years of her career and also where Steve and I spent a lot of time while we were falling in love during our college years. Today happens to be the 7th anniversary of when Steve's mom had brain surgery. She passed away a couple of weeks later. So, this was a special piece to find today.

The walk home went well, too. But I am pretty sure it truly is uphill both ways from my house to anywhere in Brookside.

The pool was gorgeous this afternoon. When I arrived the big side doors (that kind of make the place look like a greenhouse) were slid open and sunlight was beaming into the area. It sort of took my breath away.
There was only one other person in the pool. So, I got to choose the outside lane with all the sun streaming into it. I love swimming in the sunshine. After I swam my 400 yards I sat outside on a lounge chair for about 30 minutes to dry off and enjoy the sun.

All in all, it was a good day. Tomorrow, I'm thinking, might be a different story. So, I'll enjoy this while it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment