Saturday, May 20, 2017

Super-ish Run

I've had a busy week and have not done all the workouts I'd hoped to do, but that's okay. Life gets busy sometimes.

Today was a 30 minute run and a 350 yard swim.

I had a really great run - at least the first half of it. The second half was still good, but I had to walk more of it than I would have liked to. I hit a new record for my mile time and ran the first mile in 14:42! I am very excited by that. However, it also probably means I went out too fast. Not only could I not keep up the pace for the second mile, but I ended up walking about half of it. So, I had a negative split. I turned around at the 15 minute mark and it took me about 17 minutes to make it back to the start of the trail. No big deal, though. My average minute per mile was still a little more than 16:00 and that cut about 4 minutes off my current running/walking speed. So, I'm super excited about that little feat.

The swim went pretty well, too. I ended up swimming 500 yards. My time is still about 2:25 per 100 yards. So, my time isn't getting faster, but my distance is getting longer. The WIN for KC triathlon distance is 500 meters. So, I'm just one lap away from hitting that. I'll want to increase my yardage to probably about 800 yards to compensate for it being a free for all open water swim, but once I reach that I can begin focusing on increasing my speed. I'd like to race in the 12 minute wave. I'd be really thrilled if I feel like I can even move up from there.

A weird things happened to me, today. I bruised the ball of my right foot...and I think I did it while swimming. I know my foot wasn't hurting while I was running and it wasn't hurting while I walked to the gym or from the dressing room to the pool. However, as soon as I started walking after getting out of the pool I had a little bit of a limp. The only thing I can think of is that I somehow launched off the pool wall in a weird way that bruised my foot. It's still sore six hours later, but I hope it's feeling much better in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment