Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Wine Before Workout

It was a very long day. I started work at 6am and was probably on the phone for eight of the 11 hours I worked. When I logged off at 5pm I went into the kitchen to get dinner started and happily poured myself a glass of wine to shake off a little bit of the day's stress. I wasn't thinking about the fact I still had to workout.

So, after dinner and a glass of wine I headed to the gym for a pool workout. On the walk from my car to the gym I was a little stuffed and a little woozy. I was trying to remember if I'd ever worked out tipsy before. I don't think I have and don't plan to, again.

Fortunately, once I got in the water I felt fine. I put in a good 400 yards. Then, I headed to the Trolley Trail and ran/walked for 25 minutes (1.4 miles).

I need to figure out this dinner/workout schedule. I prefer to eat after I workout, but I also prefer to workout in the evening - which means my prime workout time is also the prime dinner time. It should really only matter on days I have to go to the gym (swim days or bad weather days). Parking is hard to find before 6:30pm. However, on my non-gym days if I really go straight from work to working out I can still have dinner around 6:30pm. This way I'm getting my workout in before dinner AND I'm not eating super late.

Still trying to figure the timing out for everything. It takes some flexibility, but I'm getting there.

P.S. My left knee still hurt a tad, today, but not too badly and it did not prevent me from doing anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment