Monday, May 15, 2017

Sick No More and Four Miles Later

I had to take a week off from working out because I got a really bad cold. At first I thought I could work through it, but last Tuesday's run quickly turned into a walk and as the next few days went on my cold just got worse. Finally, today. I am back and feeling like my regular, healthy self!

I was intimidated by today's workout. It was a four mile bike ride. I hadn't ridden this far since last July. Plus, the bike still scares me. So the thought of being back on the bike after more than a week off AND going four miles AND all the horrible things that could happen to me I tried to find any excuse not to workout. I didn't find one - at least one that was legitimate. So, it was off to get my bike and helmet out of the garage.

I'm happy to report my tires were still nicely inflated after getting that issue fixed last week. The ride started off smoothly...and continued to go that way...for four miles! I actually found a two-mile loop through my neighborhood. So, that will be good for calculating my distance better than just deciding to take a turn down another street until I get my miles in.

Biking felt really great today. I could tell I was going faster and the hills are getting easier. I'm more comfortable with the speed on the downhills - although I do still slow down quite a bit since I'm in a neighborhood and I have cars and people and dogs and squirrels and stop signs to contend with.

It was just an overall good ride and overall I feel really terrific!

No comments:

Post a Comment