Monday, May 1, 2017

Knee Pain

Due to my dad being in town I missed a workout last week. So, today, I was planning to bike two miles, run for 20 minutes and swim 300 yards. The weather has been cold and rainy. I expected to have to do all three workouts at the gym. However, by the time I was ready to workout this evening things had warmed up and dried out.

I started with the bike ride. Still intimidating, but I could tell I did a little bit better today. I even hit a couple of ruts and recovered from them before falling to the ground. No walking today, either. Granted, I didn't take the long hill I took a few days ago, but still had some pretty good inclines. I felt good about the ride.

After biking I went straight into my "run" - which was a full on walk I was so out of breath and my legs were pretty wobbly. I chose to walk around my neighborhood instead of going down to the trail. I won't do that, again. The sidewalks are too broken up and uneven. I will definitely stick with the trail going forward.

Unfortunately, about seven minutes into my walk my left knee began popping every few steps. It was a painful pop and the more I walked the more it was happening. So, I decided it best to head home. The walk ended up only being 15 minutes. I got home, drank my protein shake and iced my knee.

I'm pretty sure the injury is actually from the Barre3 class I took a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully, if I baby it a little bit it will be fine in no time.

Tomorrow, I may stick to the pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment